About the company
Richard Hodges is the Founder and CEO of GreenIT. He has had a personal commitment to environmental responsibility, development of appropriate technologies, and the evolution to a sustainable built environment since the early 1970’s. While developing his ICT consultancy firm in the 1990’s, Mr. Hodges began researching the impacts of technology on the environment. After developing methods for environmentally sustainable ICT planning, he refocused his company’s practice to integrate sustainability with ICT infrastructure design. In 2004, Mr. Hodges established GreenIT as the first consultancy to combine those elements into a systemic and strategic approach to sustainability for Information and Communications Technology Systems.
As a firm GreenIT® is committed to leadership in:
- Presenting clear, unbiased information about sustainability solutions for IT.
- Creating practical programs that achieve measurable results.
- Communicating the liabilities and benefits of ICT for a more sustainable future
Mr. Hodges is active as an educator and evangelist for Green Information Technology
Recent Published Articles
- CIO Leadership Forum, June 2007, “Driving Eco-Responsibility in the Enterprise”
- Converge Magazine, May 2007, “Green Machines”
- Facilities Management Journal, July/August 2006, “Communications Cables in Commercial Buildings: New thinking about a new problem”
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Green IT Master Class, Singapore, December 2008, Conference Leader
- CIO Solutions Gallery, Columbus, OH, October 2008, Keynote speaker
- Cybera Conference, Banff, Canada, September 2008, Guest Speaker
- Green Action Summit, Los Angeles CA, September 2007, Guest Speaker